So this is it. My first attempt at blogging. I'm sorry to say most of what I'm about to write about offers no firmly stated opinions of politics or global warming or profound insight on other interesting and debatable topics. It's just a story. Maybe not even that, maybe it's just a collection of some of my most fond and not so fond upbringings and childhood recollections. I don't want to write about this to pretend that my life is worth reading about or to assume that I have had more life experience than any other young adult, but I believe life is worth writing about, even if it is just so I can go back and learn from myself, for myself. What I've been through may seem completely insignificant to some and maybe more consequential to others; nevertheless I have never taken the time to really talk about what experiences I've had in the short amount of time I've been living and I think it might be at least beneficial to me to go back and examine my own story and maybe come back understanding myself a little more.
I guess I'll start with the present, a little about myself....
Currently I'm 21 years old. I have terrible vision, I love the smell of gasoline and I have trouble with the consistency of scrambled eggs...I love music and art and the theatre. I attend a community college and will soon be transferring to get my music degree, I'm thinking music education, and perhaps a second major in who the heck knows what else...maybe finance...or physical therapy. (Because they're so closely related.) I love to cook and read and listen to classic rock. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings nerd. I loooooove to sing and I do A LOT of community theatre.:) Sure, I'd love to be on Broadway, but I'm realistic and will be perfectly content if the biggest stage I ever perform on is Hale Center Theatre's...hey, at least I get paid to do what I love, if not as consistently as I'd like! I work as a bank teller and between school and work and rehearsal, I probably spend a total of 40 hours a week at home. I like being busy though. What else...? I am a member of the LDS church, I've been inactive until recently, but I'll talk about that later. Oh, and as for family which I will also go into depth about at a later post, I have two half sisters and a half brother who are all at least 18 years older than me, so I did grow up as an only child and already had a niece and nephew before I was born. I think that is quite enough for my first post so I'll leave it at that.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment