Sunday, October 28, 2012

Um....I like cats.

So since most of my other posts have been/are going to be a bit heavy....I wanted to post something a little...fluffier.:)

I love my cats. I've had many over the years. I love dogs too, actually I just like animals. (What girl doesn't...?) But seriously, if I never marry and have children, I already know my fate. I will be the crazy cat lady who takes in every helpless feline she finds wandering around out in the cold......anyway..

About two years ago, my dad and I found out that if I kept living with him, his federal housing would be taken away because I was working and technically made enough to pay more rent than what we were paying. We decided it would be best to split up so he could still get assistance, not to mention that he was lonely because I was never home to spend time with him. He moved into a 55 yr old+ apartment complex and has since made lots of friends. I moved into my own place for about 7 months and realized that I wouldn't be able to pay for school and the apartment and later moved in with my sister so I wouldn't have to pay as much rent. The reason I explain all this is because my sister's daughter is allergic to cats so when I moved in with her, I had to give one of my cats away and the others my dad took. Long story short, I miss them. When I get my own place again, I'll take them back.:)

Here are the kitties I still have, though there have been many others....:)


 This is Toby! We actually put him down a few months ago....he had diabetes and we weren't able to find a suitable treatment for him. It was heart breaking but we know he is much happier now. I found him at a library.:) I used to hang out there a lot growing up and one cold winter night as I walked in the building there was this little tabby cat hanging out by the doors, apparently he had been trying to sneak in whenever people came in or out and the librarians kept throwing him out. He was there when I went in and was still there two hours later when I went out. We took him home and put up flyers but no one claimed him so he stayed with us.:) I miss him.

 This is Chiko. He is the strangest cat I've ever met....and I've seen loooots of kitties... He is very silly and has big googly blue eyes and a very pink nose. He is pretty short and round and super soft. He is the most playful kitty I have and has a slight cat nip addiction...he'll always have a special place in my heart because my mom picked him out of a litter outside the shelter two months before she died.

This is Paxil and he is my baby. I've had him since I was nine and witnessed his birth from one of the other cats we had. I originally named him Socks- I'm not sure why since he has no sock marks on his feet...later on, my mom decided we should name him Paxil, after the anti-depressant pill, because he would cuddle with her when she was sick and she said he calmed her down.


I don't care what anyone says...I love my cats. And I know they love me back.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment